Friday, September 30, 2011

Tales of an ADD Knitter.

Hello again.  Happy almost (S)October!  Hopefully you are enjoying the change of seasons and are staying warm wherever you are.  Around here this last day of September is definitely feeling November like with temps in the low 40s, light rain and strong winds.  Just the kind of night that is perfect for staying in and vegging out with some On Demand selections and my knitting.

Yesterday in true ADD knitter fashion I started a new pair of socks for my husband before finishing the pair for me.  I caught the bug a few weeks ago and started on my original pair of Log Cabin Socks.  Last time I was just getting ready to turn the heel on my first sock.  The next day as I went back to four double points, my sock looked like this:


And a little later my snoozy cat looked like this:



Today I am left with this:


One nearly finished sock.  A few days ago I got the sock this far but haven't taken the time to graft together the toes.  Finishing the sock with the Kitchner Stitch isn't actually hard to do once you get the hang of it, I just haven't taken the time to pull out my darning needle because with my knitting ADD, I know that I won't be making another sock for me until I get at least one of Derek's socks off the needles.  I am thinking this will be a short project for tonight while I catch up with my favorite show, Parenthood.

Speaking of the new pair, check 'em out in all of their plush sock yarn beauty:


Derek actually picked out this yarn which we thought was all one shade in the yarn shop.  As soon as we stepped outside into the sun, the army green and purply-blue color variation was evident.  As I started the sock, up close the variegation began to look like striping.


Now that I've got the hang of sock knitting, I am hoping to finish my second sock and both socks for Derek in the month of October.  Maybe the 'one for you, one for me' method will keep my interest and I will finish all four in a timely manner.

This is the first item, or in this case, set of items, I have knit for my husband so I'm interested to hear what he thinks.  Based on my one almost complete sock, I'm thinking that the sock yarn label is right and Derek will be liking his new pair.



P.S. One more update.  My latest school picture came back yesterday and I am much happier with this years version as opposed to last.  No more 2009-2010 ID badge for me! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment